Saturday, August 01, 2009

Giving birth @ Hospital UKM

22 July 09 is an important milestone of my life, my lovely son was borned at hospital UKM (HUKM), KL. We are excited and happy to welcome the arrival of my baby. He is really cute! He was about 3.1kg & 50cm.




I found HUKM is quite good in term of environment and facilities. The doctors there are professional and friendly. Besides this, HUKM is not as crowded as in government hospital like hospital Kajang. I am impressed that I was allowed to enter labour room when my wife giving birth. I have seen the whole process how my wife striving hard to 'push' my son out. I thought I would be afraid when seeing blood, but I was not afraid. I was with her to show my full support. The whole process took around few hours. The total cost is around RM425 if I am not mistaken. It is much cheaper than private hospitals which definitely more than RM1k for natural labour.

Finally gone through the labour process...

having lunch

cute baby

mother & baby wrist bands

does he look like me or my wife?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is an equipment to measure baby heart beat (red color) and contraction rate (yellow color). The heart beat is to make sure baby is healthy and breathing whereas the contraction rate is where the muscles at the abdomen contract so that woman can push baby out. In a layman, it is also an indicator of how painful she is.

In normal condition, the contraction rate is below 30 in the reading. It could shoot up to 140~150 in less than 5 minutes. The frequency of the contraction can increase sharply. I saw my wife holding tightly on the handrail when the reading was moving up to 60 and above rapidly. I really felt her pain too. So giving birth is not an easy task. It needs a lot of courages to endure the pain!

the contraction rate was moving above 127

This is a place where baby is placed right after the baby come out. The roof of the equipment provides warm temperature to baby. Baby will be cleaned out over here too. Note that it is located within the labour room, just beside the labour bed.

My wife in the labour room and the contraction rate was low

7 comments:

Tan said...

Lovely Baby .... congrats !

Kok-Siang said...

Thank you :)

Doris Tie +6012-2859569 said...

congratulation to u on your new born!

QiaoYun (Jian) said...

Going to give birth on oct~Will take it as ref~thx ya~

QiaoYun (Jian) said...

Going to give birth on oct~Will take it as ref~thx ya~

angel911 said...

you were in a single room? so hukm do allow husband to be with wife?

angel911 said...

you were in a single room? so hukm do allow husband to be with wife?