Saturday, July 11, 2009

Michael Jackson Memorial

I found Michael Jackson Memorial video clip very touching, and I wanna share with you. It started with a song called "We are the World", one of my favour song (see my previous blog entry), and followed with another great song "Heal the World" which sang by Judith Hill. It ended with Michael Jackson doughter, Paris's tearful farewell. Paris said, " Ever since I was born, daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine and I just wanna say I love you so much". That moment is really touching.





According to a survey, it shows that Paris farewell are the most voted (78%) for the greatest impression at the memorial, as shown in the diagram above (in chinese) from sinchew e-news.

So what is the feeling you having now? Sad? Pity? Cry?
What I have is that we should treasure the present and cherish our parents, brother, sister, wife and family, of course, our sincere friends as well. We should aways treat them well, and spend some times with them. What I notice from the death of Michael Jackson, people started to cherish him, buying his album, listening his music, watching his awesome dance performance. I am also one of the crowd. Before his death, I has been some time not listening his music except the song "We are the world". After his death, I play his music more often.. Is it a norm?


History Song


History Video only

The other feeling is that, his songs are really great and the most influence to the world. The songs transcend beyond religion, race (black or white, one of his song) and country (heal the world), and even go beyond the moon with his moonwalk dance. I am very impressed on him that he used his songs to invoke the awareness of the Earth, like the song "Heal the World", "Earth Song", "We are the World", "Man in the Mirror" and "History". It ignites the goodness and benevolence, making a better world and appreciating life. I think no many celebrities / artists putting much effort as Michal Jackson did. I realized that most of the popular songs nowaday are mainly about love song either sorrow one or sweet one. It would be great if more songs about making a better world, motivating towards goodness like charity, appreciating of life and etc. Our world should be surrounded with positive energies of goodness that resulting in brighter tomorrow. Our world is already flooded with uncountable bad news, which are inevitable, people will feel and tend to be unsecured , disappointed, sorrow. It indirectly causes people becoming more protective, selfish and not serving for the needs. Therfore, we should not make it worse by sad songs and news. Instead, we need things like good songs to enlighten people for seeking good solutions, making a better world.

I ended my entry here with one of Michael Jackson favour songs named "Smile".



No comments: